Control System Engineering
Langtree’s wide-ranging capabilities to design the system, program and configure the PLC and DCS controllers, coordinate commissioning and provide final documentation make us an important support partner for our clients. Whether a shoebox PLC, a DCS, or a safety shutdown system, our clients know our recommendations are well founded on an in-depth working knowledge of both system hardware and applications.
Before we control and automate it, we establish a clear understanding of the primary manufacturing process. Our programs are comprehensive, incorporating critical operational and safety parameters. Our software will meet your primary objectives and protect your personnel, plant and process.
Langtree applications keep your operators informed and in control. We will carefully program alarms, messaging and manual controls in a format that your operations personnel are comfortable with. We will work closely with you to develop a predictable project path that will allow you to carefully coordinate and minimize your downtime.
Our control system design services offer reliable, creative and practical solutions to meet your requirements for:
- Triple Modular Redundant and Dual Safety Systems
- Control system retrofits and replacements
- Integration of multi-vendor systems and third-party components
- Combustion controls
- Fiber optic network designs
- Brewing, food and beverage process applications
- Compressor controls
- Material conveyance and pneumatic transfer systems
- Integration with site network and plant information systems
- Advance control applications (Aspentech DMC plus)
- DCS / PLC / HMI
Successful control system installations and enhancements reflect the proper application of the right technology. Langtree engineers and designers maintain a constant dialogue with the industry’s leading technology manufacturers to stay attuned to the latest technology and applications.
We excel at process and instrumentation diagram development, instrument specification and system installation design. They reflect our practical product knowledge and extensive design application experience. As a result, our clients rely on us for objective and thorough evaluations of their instrumentation needs. We are also your design specialists for marshalling and control panels, loop drawings and CADD services.
Our instrumentation engineering services will efficiently manage your needs for:
- Conventional temperature, level, pressure and flow meters
- Control valve applications
- Instrument analyzers
- Nuclear level detection devices
- Vibration monitoring
- Instrument Specification and Selection
- Process & Instrument Drawings (P & ID’s)
- Installation Details Drawings
- Loop Drawings
- Commissioning Start Up
- CADD with the latest versions of AutoCAD or Microstation
- SIL Analysis and determination for Safety Systems.
Langtree engineers and designers recognize how critically important a reliable and efficient power supply system is to your operations. We can manage your additions in a manner that will meet your needs, without adversely affecting your site’s electrical system.
Our load flow studies, fault analyses and coordination studies will help you retain a clear view of your current and projected service demands. With Langtree as your partner, you’ll know in advance how your projected power requirements will affect both load patterns and system reliability.
We will meet all of your electrical engineering needs, including:
- High, Medium and Low Voltage Distribution system installations and upgrades
- Fault and Arc-flash Analysis and Coordination Studies
- Substation Design
- Motor protection, control, design and commissioning
- Variable Frequency Drive Specification and Design
- Uninterrupted power supply systems
- Safety and security systems
- Area and facility lighting
Langtree Controls Limited provides custom technical training packages. We understand the process, the people and the product so we can provide a training package specifically tailored to our clients’ needs.
Our expertise combined with practical experience allows us to develop effective customized training packages to better suit our clients’ needs.